CONTACT: LESLIE BASS (941) 224-8774
Click here for January 2013 Flyer
It's time to be smoke-free! We are offering a Tobacco Cessation Course for District employees and their family members (18 yrs and older). There is no fee for this program. The course is simple - simply attend one class (1.5 hours) once a week for 4 consecutive weeks. If you do this, we will make the following commitment to you:
- Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (gum, lozenges, patch) provided by AHEC
- Free Personal Training sessions (small group sessions)
- Tobacco cessation prescription aids will be reimbursed at 80% for prescriptions purchased during the 4-week program and for eight weeks following the program.
The course curriculum is developed by ex-smokers for those who want to become ex-smokers themselves. The course is facilitated by a trained tobacco cessation counselor. Class size is typically 2 to 6 people in a group. We also offer this program with a one-on-one session option with the counselor.
- How to deal with cravings and withdrawal
- Tips on finding support
- Dealing with weight issues
- Dealing with stress and mood swings